How to Enable Web App Notifications
- In Windows and Edge
- In Mac OS and Safari
- In Mozilla Firefox
- In Google Chrome
Windows and Edge
- Open Edge and click on the menu icon (three horizontal dots) in the window's upper right corner).
- Click Settings.
- Click Cookies and site permissions.
- Scroll down to the All permissions section and click Notifications.
- Click the toggle to the right of Ask before sending (recommended)
- When the toggle is no longer blue, all sites are blocked from sending notification requests. To start allowing notification requests again, click the toggle so that it turns blue.
Allow specific websites to send Notifications
You can do this from the same site permissions page as where you can toggle notifications on and off as a whole.
Navigate to Settings > Cookies and site permissions > Notifications, or just enter edge://settings/content/notifications in the URL bar.
- To allow notifications from a specific site, click Add in the allow section.
Type the URL and click Add.
Mac OS and Safari
- From the Safari tab, click Preferences.
- On the newer versions of Safari & MacOS, click on the Websites button and then click on the Notifications button on the left menu. On the older versions of Safari & MacOS, click on the Notifications button.
Now you can see the websites that have previously asked for permission to send you notifications. You can Allow each website from below.
If you click Allow, they will be able to send you notifications.
You can always click Remove for each website. It will remove the website from this page even if they were in Allow or Deny section. The website will be able to ask your permission. If you click Remove All, all the websites will be removed and they will all be able to ask your permission to opt-in in the future. You can also decide to allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications from the bottom of the screen. If you click and tick the box to blue, new websites will be able to ask your permission to opt-in.
You can click on Notifications Preferences to go to Do not Disturb settings for advanced settings. Even though you allowed some websites to send you push notifications, you might be busy or might not want to see notifications for a specific time period or in specific situations. You can choose not to be disturbed by notifications for some period of time.
- Click the padlock in the address bar.
- Click the arrow in the Site Information drop-down panel.
- Click More information in the next panel to bring up the Page Info window.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Under Send Notifications, choose a notification option: Always Ask, Allow, or Block. If your choices are grayed out, deselect the Use Default checkbox.
Alternatively, you can:
- Click the menu button and select Settings.
- Click Privacy & Security from the left pane.
- Scroll to the Permissions section.
- Click the Settings button to the right of Notifications.
- Select Allow from the Status drop-down for any of the websites.
- Click the Save Changes button.
- Go to the browser menu and select Settings.
- In the "Privacy and security" section go to Site Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- In the Notifications settings, you can add sites you want to receive notifications from.
- To enable the display of notifications for a specific site, click the Add button in the customized behaviors section.
- Specify the site Link and click the Add button.